Virtual Solutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Education Roundtable

Go down

Education Roundtable Empty Education Roundtable

Post  Gambino Wed May 06, 2009 1:12 pm

AJ Kelton sent a message to the members of SL Education Roundtable.

--------------------
Subject: Schedule Changes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members!

There have been some pretty major changes to the schedule of upcoming meetings.

I'll still be interviewing Carol Perryman (SL: Carolina Keats) on Tuesday. This promises to be a great discussion on health and health education in SL. Also, the student panel is still planned for the 12th.

May 19th we will be talking about administering your Second Life - groups, land permissions, etc.., and the Increasing our Ranks session has been moves to June 9th.

On May 26th we will have an entire meeting about who we think we should have as future guests and come up with a list of ideas for future meeting topics. Sometime after that I'll put together another survey (like I did last time) and get some feedback from the community on the suggestions. The Virtual Worlds Other Than Second Life session originally planned has been moved to June 16th.

I'm thrilled to announce our Special First of the Month meeting for June will be "Our Engaged is Not Their Engaged: The Myth of Undivided Attention", I will be interviewing Emeritus Distinguished Teaching Professor of Chemistry at SUNY Oneonta Harry Pence (SL: John2 Kepler). This also promises to be an don't-miss interview.

Check the group page for the schedule changes after that and look for an event posting for Tuesday in the next day.

Thanks, all, for your support, and be sure to use the INVITE OTHER function to bring your other SL friends along for the ride with us.

best,
aj

Donna M. Murphy, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Special Education & School Psychology
Edinboro University of PA
Edinboro, PA 16444
814-732-2200
dmurphy@edinboro.edu

"...More power to the Cauliflowers,
as Man, in his folly, cowers!"
R. Tuesday, circa 1970