Virtual Solutions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powerpoint in SL made easy - one-click upload‏

Go down

Powerpoint in SL made easy - one-click upload‏ Empty Powerpoint in SL made easy - one-click upload‏

Post  Gambino Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:25 pm

There is a new presenation tool that allows to show Powerpoint presentations in Second Life without the need to convert and upload the slides manually. You just upload the complete ppt file to show it in-world. The tools helps you to work in a natural way and much more efficiently.

This free tool is called vComm Presenter and it is in open beta. The tool has been extensively tested. It is in internal use since a few months and has proven to be very robust.

Anyone interested may obtain a copy from me. Please see http://www.vcommpresenter.com:8080/frontend/site/beta.php for details or just send me a mail including the following information:

- first name / last name
- SL first name / last name
- An email address
- In what area would you use the presentation tool?

You will receive a copy of the vComm Presenter in-world.

Cheers
Volker Gässler
Gambino
Gambino
Admin

Back to top Go down

Powerpoint in SL made easy - one-click upload‏ Empty Re: Powerpoint in SL made easy - one-click upload‏

Post  Gambino Mon May 04, 2009 1:34 pm

j´ai une copie dans mon inventoire pig
Gambino
Gambino
Admin

Back to top Go down

Powerpoint in SL made easy - one-click upload‏ Empty Re: Powerpoint in SL made easy - one-click upload‏

Post  Gambino Wed May 06, 2009 1:14 pm

Here is more open source PHP code for a Powerpoint converter:
> Overview: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Import_PowerPoint
> Code: http://cvs.moodle.org/moodle/mod/lesson/importppt.php?view=markup
>
> The key innovation here is that the user EXPORTS the Powerpoint as a web page, ZIPs and then uploads the resulting file using a handy form. Then the PHP script pulls the file apart and grabs each slide jpg.
>
>
> It looks like an automatic .ppt upload will be implemented on the SLOODLE Presenter module within the month. And possibly .pdf as well. Slide jpg files go into the video stream into SL, bypassing the texture tax, allowing instant transitions and keeping an archive of the slides in the LMS for later viewing on the Web.
>

>
> In my own teaching I find that a tool MUST allow batch uploads to be terribly useful. Otherwise I'd rather just pay the L$ and use the SL bulk texture upload.
>
> --Jeremy Kemp
> School of Library and information Science
> San Jose State University
Gambino
Gambino
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gambino Fri May 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Dear Beta Users of vComm Presenter

First of all, thanks for all of you to try the presenter. I have received a lot of feedback and some important errors were reported that were unknown to me when the test started.

This mail is in order to inform you about the current state of the test and the bugs that have come up so far.

Errors

#36: Wrong aspect ratio

Description:
When Auto Scale is enabled in the media settings, the aspect ratio is not correctly calculated.

Workaround:
The land owner can uncheck the Auto Scale option in the Media tab of About Land.

Solution:
To be fixed during beta.

#35: Fonts are different

Description:
The fonts in the in-world presentation are different from the ones in the original document. The problem here is that in the server only a limited set of fonts was installed.

Workaround:
none

Solution:
To be fixed during beta.

#38: Presentation upload gives error (-999)

Description:
In some cases, the upload is interrupted with the error -999. The problem is not yet localized, however it seems not to appear when the presentation is shortened by some slides. We are full steam working on this one.

Workaround:
Try to cut the presentation in two smaller parts.

Solution:
To be fixed during beta.

#40: Format 16:9 not converted correctly

Description:
When converting a 16:9 format presentation, part of the resulting images are grey.

Workaround:
Save the presentation in format 4:3 before uploading.

Solution:
To be fixed during beta.

#46 Registration request after each rezzing

Description:
When you take the panel to inventory and rezz it again, you are asked to register your panel each time and you are no more able to access an already uploaded presentation. This is an error in the presenter script. It is due to the fact that the panel gets a new Unique ID each time it is rezzed.

Workaround:
This bug does not influence the functionality of the presentation. Just register the panel again and upload the presentation again. As long as you do not take the panel, the presentation will persist.

Solution:
Patch version during this weekend.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers
Volker

(SL: Eric Gaibov)

-------------------

vComm Solutions

Volker Gässler

Selnaustrasse 29

CH-8001 Zürich

Tel: +41 43 497 35 08

Mob: +41 76 499 91 11

Email: volker.gaessler@vcomm.ch

Web: www.vcomm.ch
Gambino
Gambino
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum